Enact the Made for Maine Health Coverage Act and Improve Health Choices in Maine
|Sponsor:||Representative Sara Gideon, House 106|
|Bill #:||LD 2007|
1. Establishes the Made for Maine Health Coverage Act;
2. Establishes the Maine Health Insurance Marketplace Trust Fund;
3. Authorizes the State to enter into state-federal health coverage partnerships that support the availability of affordable health coverage;
4. Establishes a pooled market for individual health plans and small group health plans and changes reinsurance to be retrospective and applied to the pooled market; and
5. Creates clear choice design for cost sharing and requires coverage of certain primary care and behavioral health visits without the application of any deductible.