Amend the Maine Pharmacy Act
|Sponsor:||Senator Heather Sanborn, Senate 28 - Cumberland County|
|Bill #:||LD 4|
This bill makes the following changes to the Maine Pharmacy Act.
1. It clarifies the responsibility of the pharmacist in charge of a pharmacy.
2. It repeals the character reference requirement for licensure.
3. It updates and clarifies requirements for licensure by endorsement.
4. It updates the timeline for certain reporting requirements.
5. It eliminates the requirement for submission of a vaccine administration treatment protocol to and approval by the Maine Board of Pharmacy and requires pharmacies to maintain a protocol on the premises and make it available to the board upon request.