HIRING: PROGRAM AND MEMBERSHIP MANAGER
The Retail Association of Maine, “The Voice of Maine Retail” and Maine’s retail political advocacy association is seeking an energetic, positive, self-starting professional for the full-time position of Program and Membership Manager. Our association members are businesses of all sizes and we represent their interests at the state level and on selected issues at the federal level.
This individual is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing all aspects of the association’s programs and events and retailer membership retention and acquisition. This includes working closely with the Executive Director to ensure that offerings meet the needs of members and the broader Maine retailer community, while completing budgetary goals.
Candidates must possess a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, creativity, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. This position requires proficiency in multi-tasking and management skills in order to carry out varied responsibilities successfully.
The position requires approximately 60% of time spent on program and event tasks and 40% of time on membership activities.
Marketing & Communication:
Providing excellent customer service and assisting our members is the top priority of the organization.
- Create documents, perform mail merges/mailings, update and maintain membership data and create and revise slide show presentations.
- Develop budgets – strictly monitor spending and income generation to meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Maintain Constant Contact database of members and craft correspondence via Constant Contact to maintain connections with members and share important updates.
- Social Media updates to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and writing articles for Association’s blog.
- Familiarity with online platforms Gmail, Dropbox and Google Calendar functions are preferred.
These events should be planned and executed with the goal of providing the highest quality experience to retain members and attract new members.
- Assist with event concept creation.
- Event coordination including identifying venues and negotiating contracts.
- Event registration via Eventbrite – attendee management and generation.
- Manage event day set up, run of show and wrap up at the event site.
- Identify any additional vendors (i.e. photographers, caterers, rentals, entertainment, etc.) necessary and negotiate contracts.
- Depending on the nature of the event put together any media (such as Power Points) or scripts needed for the run of the event.
- Based on the event budget, develop sponsorship levels and opportunity sheet that can be distributed to potential sponsors.
The Program & Membership Manager will perform similar administrative tasks for Maine Society of Association Executives and the Maine Grocers & Food Producers Association.
- Maintain current membership database info and renewal dues mailings.
- Connect with existing members periodically to ensure member satisfaction.
- Actively seek out, identify and connect with prospective new members and sell RAM Memberships while marketing the suite of affinity programs.
- Maintain and manage affinity programs/services and market benefits.
- Participate in networking opportunities such as local chamber and professional development events.
- Create new member marketing materials and prospect packets.
Shop Second Saturday (S2S), RAM’s Statewide Buy-Local Program Management:
- Market the Shop Second Saturday program – Work with currently enrolled retailers and prospecting potential new participants.
- Maintain the S2S website – Assist retailers with website issues and approve new retailers on the website.
- Reach out to participating retailers to ensure their information is updated on the S2S website.
- Market the program’s promotions & deals to consumers/shoppers on behalf of participating retailers.
- Secure S2S sponsorship and grant funds.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, time management and multi-tasking
- Team player that works well in an adaptive environment
- Tech & social media savvy, Microsoft Office proficiency, graphic design experience is a plus
- People skills with an outgoing personality
- Ability to prospect/cold call new business
- Fundamental fundraising skills and/or outside sales skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Diplomacy: Capable of maintaining sensitive or confidential information
- 1-3 years event planning experience
- College degree a plus
The Retail Association of Maine offers a competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary plus commission based on new membership dues generated. The position is full-time with benefits. Occasional attendance and support of the association’s programs and initiatives may be required outside typical business hours. Flexible schedule offering independence for self-starters. Some statewide travel is required - dependable vehicle necessary.
Anticipated Start Date: July 5th, 2017.
Office Location: 45 Melville St. Augusta, ME
Accepting applications through May 31st, 2017. Rolling interviews until position is filled. Interested applicants should email their resume & cover letter to: Christine@retailmaine.org.